Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrr.......


Man is it cold out there! I've been walking the kids to school in the mornings this week (because the daycare won't drive them because of the ice....but that is a whole other story!) and it sure is a refreshing way to start the day! My butt was so numb when I got home that it was almost painful - how that is possible I don't know since it was numb at the same time!
I was just talking to Melissa, and she suggested that I share the reason for my "Red Yarn Girl" name.
Red = Read (also pronounced Red)
Yarn = a yarn is a tall tale or story
Girl = well that should be pretty obvious!
And besides the above reasons...lately I LOVE yarn! I can't get enough of knitting, and patterns, and dreaming about what I'm going to make. Hopefully I'll actually make something soon so I can show all of you. I tend to make big plans and then never get around to doing them because life is just too busy right now. I am making steps to simplify my life. No that does not involve sending the kids off to live at Oma's......however.......that's not a bad suggestion! I am stocking the freezer with quick to make meals (some homemade, some not), and trying not to stress so much about the constant piles of laundry, the need to vacuum and generally clean my house.
Well, I need to be off to go make lunch for Maeghan, then it's off to the dentist and a little holiday shopping at the mall. Let's hope my car starts!

4 comments:

  1. Remember that you grew up in cold winters and lots of shovelling of the driveway and making snow forts and snowmen and snowball fights with your siblings and tobogganing and all that fun stuff! Now you get to experience that with your kids. How awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention something, Red Yarn Girl. I sure am thankful for that wonderful scarf you knit for me last winter. I've been wearing it every day this week! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're hilarious. You are so proud to be proud of your yarn skills and I love you for it. Now get off the computer and go knit me some mittens. My fingers almost froze off driving to work today. Just think how I'll be in PG...you'll need to knit me a head-to-toe outfit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. or you can knit me a bra for my ever growing boobs.

    ReplyDelete