Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pink Eye and a Sleeve

I've had the pleasure of staying home with a very cranky 4 year old these past two days. Owen has pink eye....mmmmmm....yummy. It takes two of us to pin him down to put the drops in. It's looking much better today, though, and I think he'll be back at daycare tomorrow.

I've finished the body on the Gathered Pullover. I tried it on the other day and it actually fits quite well. I don't love the line of decreases/increases in the middle, but I lowered the cable motif by an inch and now that line falls right under my bust so it's not so noticable. I've seen a couple on Ravelry where the line cuts right across the center of the bust...it looks a bit strange. I was going to remove it all together, but, being small chested, I thought I might need it to help draw it in a bit.



And I taught myself "Magic Loop" to knit the sleeves in the round on one long needle. It's quite fun actually, much easier than I expected. I do find it hard to push the stitches back onto the needle however, it seems to be quite a snug fit. I'm sure it would be much easier if I was doing work with a smaller needle, mine is a US 9/5.5mm.




Swimming lessons start again tonight, I'm sure the chlorine will kill anything coming out of Owen's eye. Maeghan can't wait, she is such a little water bug! Well, I better go figure out how to fix the vacuum, my house is a stinkin' mess!

4 comments:

  1. Look at you go on that Gathered Pullover!! It's really looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pullover is looking awesome! cant wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gorgeous,
    Your sweater is looking awesome! I think of you guys all the time and don't know how long I can wait to see you again.

    XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The GP looks good! How come we keep missing each other at work? I would love to have a look at, it's really pretty! What project do you have picked out from Spring IK?

    ReplyDelete