Sunday, March 30, 2008

FO: Gathered Pullover

Wow, two posts in one weekend! I'm a wild woman!

I finally have something finished! Woohoo! May I present....The Gathered Pullover!


Here are the specs:

Pattern: Gathered Pullover by Hana Jason - Interweave Knits Winter 2007
Yarn: Brown Sheep Top of the Lamb in Charcoal
Needles: KP Options US9/5.5mm
Skills Learned: Magic Loop (I'm hooked!)
Mods: Knit an extra inch before and after the cable motif, also added an extra inch and a half to the sleeve length.

This sweater took me a long time to knit, only because I've been too tired most evenings to even look at it! I liked the knit, the pattern was straight forward and easy to follow. I did not like the seaming. It's one thing to seam something that is straight and the rows line up perfectly, it is something completely different to seam a round hole where sometimes the rows run the same way and sometimes they don't (armpitts and shoulders - I'm looking at you!!!). It makes me not want to do set-in sleeves again, but I know that the more I do them the better I'll get at it, so I must try again!






Now my goal is to finish up the second sock that has been hanging around since last summer, then I'm thinking about Green Gable by the Zephyr gals. I already have the yarn from my failed attempt at Rusted Root.

Thanks for checking in! I'm off to bake some muffins with Maeghan!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome, Shan. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! You'll be able to wear that lots...it looks great on you!
    Yeah, set in sleeves scare me too! I hated them the one time I had to do it for a baby sweater! yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it Shan! Good job! You look sexy in it! And yes you must make another one for moi!!!! Can you make it with short sleeves?? Is that possible? Weather's going to be getting warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on knitting such a beautiful sweater Shannon! The fit looks perfect! And you look very happy to be done. Yay!

    Good news on your work schedule, but now what about our Tuesday 6:50 a.m. knitting gabfests?

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Salt-Spring Gang!April 2, 2008 at 10:44 PM

    Wow- that's gorgeous! You're one hot Momma! Excellent work!

    We can't wait to see photos of the Birthday Girl! Happy Belated Birthday Maeghan! We can't believe you're 7 already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks wonderful on you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Blogger may have eaten my comment, but I wanted to say that I really, really like how your Gathered Pullover turned out. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete