Friday, March 2, 2007

WICKED!!!

Well here it is, my first sweater. This is Wicked, and it has been a lot of fun to make so far.



Here is a close-up of the neckline, my first cables! Yipee!



And this is what it is supposed to resemble when it is finished.



We'll see how I do. It has been a lot of fun trying it on as I go to see how it fits. So far so good! We've had a pretty uneventful week. Really busy as usual with work and school, but now I get a few days off, so I can finally relax! Somewhat. Maeghan woke up with a fever and really sore neck yesterday morning, and this kinda worried me so I took her in to see the doctor. It's just a virus though, nothing serious, and she just needs fluids and rest to hopefully get over it soon. Since we were there anyways, I got the doctor to check out Owen's cough (he's had it for a month or so now), and he's a little tight and wheezy in the chest so he has to go back on the nebulizer again. He's pretty upset about the thought of being medicated, and doesn't remember the nebulizer at all from last year, so we'll have to pin him down to strap it on, I'm sure. However, he is much bigger and stronger now, it may be more difficult. I'll have to come up with some kind of incentive for him to do it. He is a lot like his mother in his love for chocolate, so maybe some mini eggs will do the trick! Although chocolate right before bed doesn't sound like such a great plan!

Take Care Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. It looks great, Shan! I really like the color, too. And the cables look good - great job!! Can't wait to see it on you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Miss I can't remember one of my best friends birthdays! You know I turned 30 this year? Yeah I plan on harassing you plenty. Look forward to seeing your sweater done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, last week I remembered it!!!! I just forgot this week. I'm so sorry, just you wait, something special will be arriving for you soon. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job so far, you never cease to amaze me with your natural knitting talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Shan! Please make me one too to keep me warm up here in the arctic! Love you and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete