Monday, December 31, 2007

FO: Ryder's Blankie

After working on this baby for almost 9 months...here is Ryder's Blankie!




Crochet was really hurting my wrist for some reason (I've made other stuff and never been bothered - could be the yarn), so it has taken me a lot longer than I had wanted to make this blanket. Ryder was born in July and this was supposed to be part of his shower gift! Ooops!


Once again I have enlisted the help of my kids to model for me...




If you look closely at Maeghan's mouth you can see the stitches she received at the Dentist last week after she had a frenectomy done. Your frenum is the skin between the two front teeth that connects to the gums...if it is too big (as in Maeghan's case) it causes the front teeth to have a large space and perhaps grow like this /\, removing the extra tissue allows her adult teeth to hopefully come in closer together and straight. We'll have to see how hers progress because one of her adult teeth is mostly in and definately shoots out crooked like this \. Maeghan is also apparently a tongue thruster (when she swallows, her tongue pushes on the back of her upper front teeth instead of the roof of her mouth), and this can also causes two front teeth to push out at odd angles. Looks like we'll be buying shares in the local orthodontist business soon!



Anyways, here are the specs of Ryder's Blankie:

Pattern: Soft Waves by Jan Eaton
Yarn: Bernat Satin in shades of blue and cream
Hook: 5mm - H

I think the blanket turned out really well. The yarn is very soft with a nice weight to it, and is very easy to care for. Machine wash and dry. Perfect for a busy mother! I hope it becomes his favorite one!


My goal over Christmas was to clear up all of the Works In Progress, and I have pretty much done that now. I'm still working on my remaining sock, but that has become more of a travel project so it's moving pretty slowly. I think I really don't love the bamboo needles...it takes too much effort to slide the work around, I am determined to finish it though. The next socks I make I'm going to try Magic Loop...maybe I'll like that better. As it stands now though, my plan for my hang-over day tomorrow is to cast on for the Gathered Pullover:



Happy New Years Everyone! I need to go prepare for my guests!

4 comments:

  1. The blanket is just perfect! I've found that crocheting can put a strain on my wrist as well. I'm wondering if one of those hooks with an ergonomic handle would help?

    Oh I just love the Gathered Pullover too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is gorgeous, I especially love the border thanks for making the extra effort for that. I really think that it will become Ryder's favorite blanket infact it already needs to be washed. (Good thing the one Auntie Charmaine gave him is entirely different because he is in love with that one too!)

    You did an awesome job preparing for your guests, so much food! I had so much fun!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket! And WOW about Maeghan's stitches. I hope it wasn't too painful for her. I had no idea she'd need stitches. I guess I should be happy that Soleil performed her own oral surgery ;)

    Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Maeghan was a brave girl for her surgery!! Piece of cake,right!? Kids are looking good!! Way to go parents! Nice job on Ryder's Blankie btw!! And I looove those head banger thingie's!!What's it called a Caloimetry?

    ReplyDelete