Monday, July 14, 2008

FO: Christine's Stay-On Baby Booties

Finally, a FO to show you. These were made for my friend Michelle who recently had her third baby girl - Shelvy Elizabeth. She's a gorgeous baby too, tons of platinum blond hair. She's also lucky baby girl because she has two very special older sisters - Charley and Soleil.


Here are the specs:

Pattern: Christine's Stay On Baby Booties
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mixed Berry
Needles: 2.75mm dpn's

These are the most adorable booties I have ever seen. They are sooooo tiny - newborn size. They took a little longer than I thought they would, but still were done in only a few days. I started them out on 2.5mm, but decided to rip back and start over on larger needles in an attempt to make them a bit bigger. I was going to do i-cord ties, but they were taking sooooo long and I needed to finish them so I could mail them off, so I decided to do a crochet chain instead. I love them. These are definately going to be my go-to booties from now on. And apparently they really do stay on! This is a great project for using up leftover sock yarn. This yarn is leftover from my very first (and only so far!) pair of socks.



I have a few friends from work who will be popping in August, so I'm gonna whip off a few more pairs of these...I may try a dk weight yarn next and see how big they get following the same pattern. Since neither of my friends knows the sex of their babies I'll need to use something neutral...I have some red Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece left over from Red Gable. Can boys wear red booties?

ETA: My mom had mentioned that these looked so small in my hands, I just wanted to mention that those are actually my 7 year olds hands!
Also edited to fix the link!

5 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! And so tiny when you see them in your hands. I love new born babies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! And of Shelvy I checked out those pictures and she has the coolest hair ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I think red booties would be great for a boy! I plan on making some of these soon. they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those booties! Lucky little girl. I really like the color as well. The style reminds me of a pair that I had for Isi and they did really stay on.

    ReplyDelete