Sunday, March 29, 2009

FO: Central Park Hoodie

So I finally sewed this sucker together, and then didn't get any photo's until today. I've worn it quite a bit in these last two weeks, the weather has been perfect for a cozy wool hoodie.


The color in these photo's is a bit off - a little too blue, the yarn is actually a beautiful deep garnet color. Very pretty. I had to cut off my head in the above picture...I look a little ragged thanks to a great night of bowling and beer with my girlfriends. We had a great time, but I sure don't bounce back like I used to!

The hood is a little pointy, but honestly, I probably will never wear it up anyways. I do love how the cable runs all the way around it though. Nice feature.


The cable running down the sleeve is another beautiful feature. It just makes the sweater, I think.

I look like a line-backer in this photo, I think it's the angle that Aidan took them from, he's a bit taller than me and the pictures seem to be angled down a bit. And I don't think my ass looks like that in real life. I'm sure it's much larger.

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie by Heather Lodinsky
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers in Garnet
Needles: US 8's and 10's
Mods: Lengthened both the body and sleeves, and I knit the sleeves in the round. I also knit the button band in one piece and used a three needle bind-off to graft the hood together. Everything else followed the pattern.

Verdict: I love this hoodie. It took me a long time to complete (I started it last May!) due to many other projects that got in the way. I liked knitting the individual pieces, but I really didn't like sewing it all together. The button band was a pain in the arse...so many stitches to pick up. The yarn is a beautiful color, and isn't too scratchy on my bare arms, but I wouldn't wear this next to the skin on my torso...I'm pretty sensitive to the itch, I think it would be too much.

I may eventually make myself another one of these...in a beautiful heathered green....but it won't be any time soon! Too much stuff going on right now. I'm going to a book club meeting tonight - my first one and I haven't been able to get more than halfway thru the book, I better get off the computer and get reading!






9 comments:

  1. Shannon, it is so pretty! The cables are what make it, I agree. Nice work there. Congratulations on finishing another beautiful sweater!

    (ps I don't think your butt is any bigger in real life, pictures don't lie, baby)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks fabulous!!!

    Seconding what the other commenter said - photos only make you look bigger than you actually are, not smaller!! And I know all about the downward angle creating a linebacker-like look - although you don't - I have this problem with some of the pictures Jim takes of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Work Girl, you've become a pro. Looks like you survived bowling! Maeghan is hilarious in her moosehead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sweater! The detail is awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! and it fits you perfectly! I love it when a handknit turns out to be so wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH!! I love it, very very nice, and of course it looks great on you!
    Bowling was fun!!! I love girls night out!! I was so tired the next day, I was pretty close to being useless, I almost should of had more then 1 beer at least I would have had an excuse. I think the last time I went to bed so late was probably the last girls night out!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this on you! i have that pattern,a nd this may be the push i needed. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! I love the color. This pattern looks so great every time I see it knit up.

    ReplyDelete