Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FO: Shalom

Shalom! I actually have an FO....for me!!!!!! Love this cardi, so comfy and easy to knit up.

Pattern: Shalom
Yarn: Queensland Collection Uruguay Chunky
Needles: Knit Picks Options US 10 1/2


Mods: Like many others on Ravelry, I shortened the yoke by 2 rows in each section (a total of 6 rows). I only cast-on 10 stitches for the underarms.

Verdict: I love it. It fits me so well, no extra fabric bunching up in the armpits - which usually happens to me with raglans. The yarn is really cozy and soft. The alpaca in it is only slightly tickly and I can wear it with only a cami underneath and it is fine. I would definitely recommend this pattern.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love the color and fit on you. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, what a beautiful cardigan!! it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic on you. The color and fit are just perfect! That cardigan is in my queue and I just hope it looks as great on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness I absolutely love it! the colour is gorgeous and I love the 3/4 sleeves! I would wear this all the time!!! Please make me one!!! (I will even pay you ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I'm a regular reader delurking since I realized you are the one with the pretty Shalom made of Uruguay Chunky on Ravelry. :-)

    I'm considering making Shalom as I too bought a 10 ball bag of Uruguay Chunky a while back from Little Knits. Did you think this yarn was a good choice for Shalom?

    ReplyDelete