Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me (la lala la la la)

(lala la la la la la) Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Yipee!!! It has arrived. I went today to pick up my new Namaste Messenger Bag.





She's lovely, isn't she! (The color isn't quite accurate because I had to use the flash, but pretty close).) I had originally wanted the chocolate brown one, but there was none in the order at Urban Yarns, and I would have to wait until July/Aug for the next order, and there was no guarantee that they would be able to get it then either...so I got the next best color...cranberry (or cabernet as the store called it...I kinda like the name cabernet better so I think that is what I'm going to call it!). I love the fabric on the inside...it is so vibrant...it makes me happy just looking at it! The outside of the bag is a soft cordurey (looks almost suede in the photo, but it's not!) The bag is larger then I thought it was going to be, which is strange, because I saw my friend Julia's bag in person. And it needs to be worked in a little bit (it feels a little stiff and boxy), but once it get's broken in, it will be perfect.

I also got this:



My first sock yarn! Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in the color Mixed Berry. Now I just have to learn how to knit socks. I also bought the teeniest, tinyest little bamboo double pointed needles to make them with, I hope I don't lose them!

There's my excitement for the day! I'm ready for you now Charmaine!!!

7 comments:

  1. The Namaste bag is beautiful! I'm glad you were finally able to get it. It must have hurt to take apart your sweater. But you were right to do it, otherwise you wouldn't ever be happy with it. When I knit, and I need to join yarn, I just use a big darning needle and thread through the new yarn into the old one, and then just work it in with my fingers. You can't see the joints at all. Have you tried that? Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky girl!
    I always wind my yarn to check for flaws and I always join yarn at a seam or area that won't show. I know, I am a little bit of a nerd. Gorgeous yarn, do you need a sock pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that messanger bag! fashionable AND practical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently you were so excited about your bag you forgot someone else's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Not true...apparently it hasn't arrived in the mail yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bag!

    Too bad about your sweater, when I knit and I have to join yarn together I just use a stapler or a glue gun....

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete