Sunday, June 17, 2007

Rrrrrrriiip!

That was the sound of my Rusted Root late last night.

Before



After:



I tried it on when I got to around 2 1/2 " past the armpitts, and I just wasn't happy. It seemed a little on the big side, and I've heard that cotton yarn has a lot of ease, so it would probably stretch out even more. Also, there were a couple spots on the back where my yarn joins were kinda sloppy, and you could really see them. That taught me, join new yarn under the arms where it is less visible.

I like the Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece as a yarn and fabric, however, I'm not impressed by the number of knotted yarn joins in just one skein. There were three, and of course I didn't notice them till it was too late, and rather than frog back a bit to place the join under the arm, (which I was afraid to do because of the lace section - I have a hard time figuring out where and what the stitches were in that section) I cut the knots off and joined again right where I happened to be leaving a noticable weird spot. Anyways, I will start it again, probably in a couple weeks because I really must get the secret projects finished first. I also have yarn ready to go for Ms. Marigold



which will be my next project after Rusted Root. Boy, I have all this stuff lined up to do, and no time to do it in! I have to blame Facebook...I am embarressed to say that I have become addicted to it...and I'm sure that once I get my Ravelry invite, that will be another huge problem for me as well. Well, I'd better get out of blogland and go work on some stuff or I'll never have a FO to show!

2 comments:

  1. Been there too many times!
    You better not have expected two comments now that you suddenly threw out two blogs in one weekend!
    I have secret projects finally on the go myself. I better work hard.
    What's up with your back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have secrets too!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete