Monday, July 16, 2007

First Sock

Voila! The beginnings of my first sock.



This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mixed Berry. Such pretty colors! I've never knit with anything so small before. The yarn is fingering weight, and the itsy bitsy bamboo needles are size 2.25mm. They feel like they are going to snap in my hands! I'm not very far yet, but am finding socks are a great project when you have kids and have to keep setting it down!

No baby from Connie and Kevin yet. Connie's due date was on Saturday, and I can barely contain my excitement for this baby to arrive! I think Connie is pretty ready too, she's had enough, and is feeling really uncomfortable. I'll keep you posted and let you know as soon as there is news! I have to go get fitted for my bridesmaid dress now, unfortunately I've gained a few since I ordered it, so hopefully it won't need too many alterations! See ya!

2 comments:

  1. 3 needles, wow that looks complicated! when you get good at it I would like a soft light pink pair please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never knitted socks before, you'll have to teach me how! xx

    ReplyDelete