Sunday, July 22, 2007

An older FO

Finally I can post an older finished object that I made for my dearest friends birthday. I've been sitting on this one for a while now, itching to show it to you all. It is the Vintage Bubble Bag (a pattern I got from a friend at work), and is made with Cascade 220 in a dark brown, and Noro Silk Garden. The bag is knit holding two strands of yarn together through out (one casacade 220, and one Noro). Then it is felted in the washing machine until it is a decent size. Here is before I felted it:


and here is after:



It is hard to see the difference, but I assure you, the prior felting bag was huge!!! The after bag is much smaller. Next time I will put a ruler next to it in the shot so you can see better. I would have liked to felt it even more in order to lose some of the stitch definition that you can still see, but I was afraid the bag would get too small.


Happy Birthday Connie! I love you!


PS Connie's baby has not come out yet...we are still waiting and it is over a week past it's due date! Let's send her some labor vibes......

2 comments:

  1. I love my present, it rocks!! I started using it right away. Thank You very much. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! K, after you knit my socks, you can knit me one of these bags too. Is it lined? How do you do felting? Happy belated birthday, Connie! And congratulations on the birth (finally) of your beautiful baby boy. He's such a cutie pie! Can't wait to see him. :)

    ReplyDelete