Sunday, November 18, 2007

Maeghans "New" Room!

Finally, the finished pictures of Maeghan's "new" room. If you will recall from a previous post, Maeghan requested a PINK room. A very pink room. So that is what she got. I think it turned out really pretty. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pics, but I will remember to do so when we do Owen's room. Aidan did a fantastic job...I remember years ago, when we still lived in rentals, asking him to do fix-ups around the house, and he would never do them. He would always tell me that it wasn't that he couldn't do them, but that he didn't want to sink any money into someplace we didn't own. I told him I would believe it when I saw it...and look now. He proves is capabilities once again! Well done Babe! I made the pictures small because there are a lot of them. Just click on them to make them bigger and you can see more detail. So here it is...Maeghan's finished room.

First shot is of her bed from the doorway.


Pretty canopy given to Maeghan for her birthday from Aunty Connie


Picture of the window with a new curtain from your favorite as well as mine...Target


Check out the new character style moldings created from scratch by Aidan, it looks amazingly better than the old window.


And the pretty new tile in the window seat. I briefly considered putting a comfy cushion in there, after all it is a window seat, but I kept picturing Maeghan sitting there reading and then accidently falling out the window and landing two stories below. I think not. Tile it is! This was Aidan's first time tiling EVER. I think he did a great job.


Here is the freshly painted closet with new satin nickel handles. The closet was also painted a slightly darker pink to help it stand out more - on orders from Princess Maeghan. You can also kinda see the new baseboards that Aidan made...they go well with character style moldings around the window and door.


And the new shelving unit from IKEA, I like the detailing at the top, makes it look really feminine.


Gorgeous new moldings around the door to match the ones around the window. I love them, they add so much to the room. Way better than the early 80's style that was there before!


Pretty new door! (Well newly painted anyway). Also new hardware (hooks and handle).


Maeghan did most of the moving in and organizing herself. This is the shelf that is up beside her bed. It holds her very precious "Super Bear" which was a gift from her Uncle Conor on the day she was born. This is one amazing bear. It protects her from any bad dreams or boogeymen, and just having it there, looking down over her, makes her feel so much safer.



4 comments:

  1. The rooms looks absolutely gorgeous! Aidan and you and, of course, Maeghan, did a fantastic job! Sweet dreams, Princess Maeghan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful! Maeghan is one lucky little girl to have a room almost as sweet as her.....awwww!!!

    Awesome job guys! High Five!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle and the gangNovember 28, 2007 at 8:44 PM

    Gorgeous room! Good job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, I'm soo impressed! Such a crafty family! Beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete