Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Meret

I'm very pleased with my most recent FO. I took part in the Mystery Beret KAL on Ravelry put on by Woolly Wormhead. If you haven't checked our her hat patterns before, you really should, they are fantastic!



Pattern: Meret (Mystery Beret) (Rav link)
Needles: US 8/5.0mm
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in the Gothic Rose colorway
Mods: I added an extra repeat in Clue 2 to give it extra slouch!



I think this picture gives the truest color.




I love this hat, I don't wear a lot of hats because I get horrific hat hair, but I'm sure going to try now that I have TWO nice hats to wear this winter!


While we were at swimming lessons today with the kids, the pool had to be evacuated because of a chlorine leak! It was crazy...Owen had just finished his lesson and was dripping wet in a towel, and Maeghan was just about to hop in the pool with her class. The smell was very strong. We had to leave the building immediately, could not even spare time to get the kids dressed. Thankfully, the weather here has been pretty mild, 12 degrees C, so we just threw the kids in the car in their bathing suits and went home. I felt bad for all of the people who were swimming in the pool...they couldn't even get their things out of their lockers, just sent outside to shiver and wait until it was safe to go back in the building. As we were leaving four fire trucks arrived, much to Owen's delight, hopefully they got it under control quickly! Maeghan's a bit miffed that Owen got to have a lesson and she didn't. I'm sure she'll get over it!


So that was the excitement of the day. Back to work tomorrow! Yipee!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome hat, the color looks beautiful on you. Interesting adventure, thank goodness it wasn't really cold! Miss you guys! Sending lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that hat is so pretty! the color is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice hat.

    That seems crazy to evacuate wet bathing suit wearing people outside because of a chlorine leak, but then again I have really no idea the fallout of a chlorine leak, but seriously could they not pass out robes or towels to people. Maybe I should join the pool council....HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute hat! The color is very pretty also. I will have to check out the pattern - I would definitely wear that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color, Shan. And you did a beautiful job with the knitting. Glad you guys are okay. Chlorine can be very bad...

    ReplyDelete