Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Rather than go to the store to buy our tree, this year we decided to take a drive out to a tree farm in Maple Ridge and cut down our own tree! We went to Alouette Tree farm, and it was an awesome feeling to make getting our tree so special for the kids. There were wagon rides, a petting zoo, and lots of different types of trees to choose from. We warmed up by a fire with hot cocoa, and filled our belly's with some complimentary hot dogs. (It's all about the free food, you know!)

Here are Aidan and the kids hunting around for the perfect tree.


Yay! We found the perfect one! It's a bit on the short side, but it is perfect.

Why yes, I am wearing my Meret!


Every Christmas this candlelit angel ornament was a big hit for us kids...now my kids love it just as much!


And at last, the tree. Perfectly decorated with way too many ornaments and way too many lights. (So much so that the tree actually fell over twice last night...Aidan had to perform some magic with fishing line to secure it until he could cut some more branches off the bottom this morning!)

I love the holidays. I get completely stressed out, and sometimes a bit overwhelmed, but creating traditions with our family is what makes it all worth it. My parents are coming to spend Christmas with us this year. I'm really excited to have them, I wish we could be with our families every year at Christmas, but unfortunately they live to far away.

I have a number of FO's to show you, but they will have to wait until after Christmas, I haven't worked on anything for myself for a while now, but as soon as I finish up this last gift that I'm working on now, I'm going to FINALLY finish my Central Park Hoodie. That thing as been a WIP far too long!



3 comments:

  1. Love the tree. That sounds like a really fun way to pick your own tree. Miss you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have two comments: love the picture of the Christmas angel candles (brings back many memories of Christmas past) and it is not us who live so far away, it is you who moved so far away! So there - just wanted to clear that up... ;)

    Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS pictures!!! I really missed not spending Christmas with you this year! Next year we will need to spend it together!

    ReplyDelete