Monday, December 22, 2008

Just a little bit of snow...

We had a big snowstorm this weekend, thankfully I am now officially on vacation and didn't have to join thousands of other brave commuters on the slippery roads this morning! I love this kind of snow. It reminds of growing up in Terrace, the snow is much dryer there than what we typically get here. This is perfect snow for tobogganing (which we are doing tomorrow since Aidan also has the day off of work), and for snowball fights, and snow angels. I was supposed to bring my car in for an appointment this morning, but it looks pretty treacherous out there so I'm going to rebook for next week. Today, we stay home.


When I went out yesterday to shovel the sidewalk, I found a bag on the front porch that a neighbor had dropped off. It seems her son had outgrown his tuxedo and she was giving it to Owen.



How cute is that! He put it on yesterday and didn't want to take it off the rest of the day. He looks like James Bond with really bad hair. Speaking of his hair, we are in the middle of trying to grow it out, but Owen has a double crown which makes for some crazy Ed Grimley style cowlicks in the back. The hairdresser assures us that when it gets long enough they will settle down...we'll see. I may cave, though, and get Aidan to shave his head again, but I'm trying to hold out because Owen really wants to be able to do his hair in a mohawk. His double crown may come in handy for that!

I wish everyone a warm, happy Christmas, and hope Santa spoils you all rotten!

4 comments:

  1. Snow days are the best!!! espectially when you don't have to go to work!
    Owen looks so grown up in that tux! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has got to be one of the cutest things I've EVER seen! I just want to squeeze him. He probably wouldn't like that though..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owen looks sooo adorable! Big Hugs. Wish we could join you in the snow! Merry Christmas!! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome nephew I have!!! Is he really going for a mohawk? Or a faux hawk (where you don't shave the sides...like Maddox)...either way, he's going to be one cool little dude!

    ReplyDelete