Saturday, December 27, 2008

FO's: Christmas Presents

Finally I get to post about some Christmas presents I have knit but haven't been able to show you! This first one I knit way back in August. It was a gift for my mother-in-law, Moira, and I LOVE how it turned out!



Pattern: Kureyon Kozy
Yarn: Noro Kureyon color 226
Needles: KP Options US 7/4.5mm



I really liked knitting this tea cozy, and I loved watching what color would come next. I found the base a bit challenging, but figured it out after a few tries. I was happy to find a Japanese teapot that fit the cozy perfectly and I think they look really nice together.

Next up is the Irish Hiking Scarf that I knit for my Father-in-law, Danny. He is allergic to wool, so I found a nice, soft cotton blend to use instead.



Pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf
Yarn: Knits Pick's Comfy - color Cypress
Needles: US 8/5.0mm

This was a fun pattern to knit, it was easily memorized and the yarn was really nice to work with. It came out super soft and cozy, perfect for a scarf.



Christmas was awesome, as always, it speeds by so quickly that you've barely finished preparing for it and it's over. My parents have left on a flight back home this morning, my fingers are crossed that they will be able to land because Terrace is expecting some snow today. Hopefully the majority of it will fall after they land! We were all spoiled rotten and had a really good time ripping open the gifts. Christmas is so much more enjoyable now that we have kids of our own. It is so fun to see all the wonder and amazement through their eyes. They spent a good deal of time on Christmas Eve peering up the chimney and trying to figure out how Santa was going to make it down such a small space! They really are quite clever!

I have three more gift FO's to show, I'll post again sometime in the next week.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Look at that cute picture come up with my comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! Hera started an ipod cover and Athena is learning to crochet to make the fingerless gloves. I picked up the most gorgeous yarn for a tank top but gotta finish my Dad's birthday gift first. Can't wait to see your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tea cozy is beautiful!!
    Glad y'all had a good Christmas! I can't wait until Jack knows what Christmas is.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete