Friday, January 2, 2009

FO: Moss Grid Hand Towel

Onward with the Christmas present FO's! I knit this lovely hand towel for Aidan's Grandma during the month of October.


Pattern: Moss Grid Hand Towel from Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Knit Picks CotLin, color Linen

The CotLin was pleasant to knit with, it didn't feel too hard on my hands, although I could only knit one repeat at a time before my hands started to get sore. I loved the finished product, I did make a mistake on one row it seems, but I didn't notice until I was taking photo's and there was no way I was going to rip back halfway thru the towel to fix it, even though it was a gift. I don't think Grandma is going to mind. ;) I will probably make myself a set of these one day, it is a very nice pattern.

New Years Eve was a fun night for us again this year. We had a family slumber party over at our friends (Connie and Kevin) and ate way too much food, and had plenty to drink, while we played the Wii. My left buttock is a bit sore from bowling, but that's probably a good thing, right? My Mii on the Wii is very cute, I want her to be my friend in real life.
New Years Day we were incredibly lazy, although, Owen and I did venture out to get groceries (good time to shop, the store was very quiet, everyone else was still in bed I'm sure!). And today we started organizing and cleaning before I head back to work, and the kids to school, on Monday. Aidan is doing some reno work on the upstairs bathroom in an attempt to make it a bit prettier without sinking too much $$$ into it. While the whole thing should be gutted, we are making do with new paint, light fixture, counter top, and taps. We don't want to put any more money than that into it before we sell.
My Central Park Hoodie is coming along, I've seamed it up and am now working on the hood.
Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. I love the towel! It is gorgeous! I am glad you had a fun New Years. My kids got a Wii for Christmas and it is sooo addicting and fun - even for adults. Hope your new year is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the towel- I think my MIL needs some of those. We have so much fun with the Wii as well (boxing is a great way to vent your frustrations!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The towel is really nice - I don't see any mistakes! I never worry too much about stuff like that.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been a busy blogger. Sorry I have missed a few posts. I have technically already commented on the tea cozy, awhile back and you had to delete my post due to secrecy issues, anyway, the tea cozy is as nice as I remembered! And everything else looks perfect, as usual. You are such a natural!!!

    Next time you have to try the hola hoop, my stomach is still sore 3 days later!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I was really falling behind checking on you! The towel turned out beautiful! We have been addicted to Mario Cart for the Wii, and have been racing people all over the world! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome, Shan! As usual, you've done a fantastic job. I may have to take up knitting again when I retire! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You want your Mii to be your friend in real life? Okay, I've really gotta move back...you're going CRAZY without me! LMAO

    ReplyDelete