Saturday, January 17, 2009

FO: Butterfly Hat

So I started a new excercise class on Monday. It was called "Cardio Kickboxing", and I thought it would be fun and a good workout. I expected the instructer to be a tiny waif of a thing dressed head to toe in spandex workout gear and that the class would be more "Cardio" and less kickboxing, nothing too serious. I was wrong. Apparently I signed up for "Kickboxing/Self Defence 101". My instructor dude is a martial arts expert who trained in Japan and works at a Martial Arts studio in town during the day. He thought teaching this class would be fun, and if we wanted strictly cardio we could go run around the lake. He was really scary. I loved every minute of it!!! We learned how/where to punch and kick our attackers, and how to karate chop him in the neck. It was fantastic! I felt so tough when I left there. Aidan told me not to let it go to my head.

I was really sore all week, but I also felt so good. I'm really looking forward to my next class! We're going to learn the front kick! Woot! Oh I should also mention that I learned how to count to 10 in Japanese...Kickboxing dude likes us to count out loud...really loud...in Japanese. Thankfully I have two Japanese co-workers who have been coaching me all week. I'm sure to impress him! Ha!

Okay, on to crafty things! This is the last project I finished in 2008. I had to wait a bit to blog about it though because Maeghan lost it the first day she got it! She wore it all day long in the house because she like it so much, and then when it came time for pictures, the hat was no where to be found. It did turn up eventually though, and today it was bright enough outside to finally get some pics!

Doesn't she look sweet in it! Looks can be deceiving though you know! Haha!


Pattern: Butterfly Hat (Rav Link) by Sofiya Cremin
Yarn: Vanna's Choice Solids - icky yarn, thankfully my last ball!
Needles: US 7's/4.5mm

This hat was much easier than I thought it was going to be. I kinda over thought the butterfly's at first - turned out they were no big deal at all! One day I will make another one of these in a better yarn. At least this one is fully washable and if she loses it I won't cry.
b

7 comments:

  1. The kickboxing class sounds like so much fun! I am sure I would come home full of swagger and show my 6'6" husband all my new skills, warning him that he better watch his step. He would probably then pin me to the bed and tickle me unmercifully...

    The Butterfly Hat is really cute. My son did the same thing with a balaclava I made him. He put it on as soon as it was off the needles (nevermind that it was about 60 degrees) and insisted on wearing it to his grandmother's house- where he took it off and left it with the toys in the toy box.

    Maeghan is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny!!! It's nice when ooops' turn out to be great, I am really glad that you love the class.

    Very beautiful hat, nice job as per usual.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat is lovely - I love the butterfly pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kickboxing class sounds great! I would love to take a class like that.

    I love the butterfly hat. It is going into my Rav queue. I think all my girls would love it. Your little model is sooo cute. She looks like a little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great looking hat! Awesome job, Shan! Meggie looks so sweet in it..purple is definitely her color. I know it's her favorite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the hat is wonderful. i love that stitch thanks so much for visiting my blog. i am so glad i found you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say I have the most beautiful niece ever!!! And she is getting to be so grown up!!! Awww, I miss you guys dearly!!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete