Friday, January 9, 2009

Last of the Christmas FO's

Let me start out by saying a huge thank you to all the nice, generous comments. I wish I knew how to respond to them all individually, but since I can't quite figure it out (anyone know?) I will do it here and now. Thank You!

So, here we are with the last of the Christmas knitted gifts. Please ignore my wierd smile in the following picture. It was freakin' cold outside and I was standing up to my knees in a snow drift on my back deck. While the scarf is cozy, soft, and warm, it's not warm enough to be outside without a coat in the middle of winter. Aidan was my photographer once again and I told him to pretend he was Nigel from America's Top Model (not that I watch it or anything). He took his job very seriously and had me turning this way and that way and looking this way and that way. Very cute, and much appreciated!


Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf
Yarn: KnitPicks Gloss in "Dusk" - 2 skeins
Needles: US 7/4.5mm
For: My mom

I loved this pattern, but I had to use a lifeline throughout because if I got the least bit distracted I'd miss a yarn over or something, and I was horrible at trying to tink it back and then I'd screw it up so badly that I'd have to rip the whole thing out. So after a few false starts it dawned on me to use the lifeline and it was my life saver! I have a couple more skeins of this yarn in a dusty purple colorway, so after I give myself a break from this pattern, I will probably make one for myself too. I love it that much.






Next up are some felted clog slippers that I made for my Dad. Now these were a fun knit! The color is pretty bad in these photo's, but the yarn was actually a heathered brown with flecks of red in it. Very pretty. Not that my Dad wants pretty I suppose, but it sure helps a knitter to use pretty yarn.





Pattern: Fiber Trends Felted Clogs
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers
Needles: US 15/10.0mm

Here is the "before" felting picture:




I loved this pattern. It was such a fast, fun knit. I was a bit worried because my Dad has size 9 feet, and I knit the size 11, but I was able to felt them down to a nine, and he says they fit well. I will be making more of these.

I had the pleasure of going out with some girlfriends on Saturday night (Connie & Tara), and managed to get a wee bit smashed, but it was great fun and worth my horrendous hangover the next morning. Aidan was very kind to me and let me sleep till 11:30am. Once the Tylenol kicked in and my stomach stopped churning I was feeling much better. We don't get out together nearly as often as we would like, so when we do the wine flows freely and we have great conversation.






4 comments:

  1. The Lace Ribbon scarf turned out beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...Nigel! You two are too cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn right, I take my job seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations, and the clogs are funny, good funny though!

    I had a great time too. Hmmmmm, we drank the same, ate pretty much the same, had the same fun, would only make sense that the morning after would be the same, I too slept until 11:30, however, I took advil!! : )

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete