Wednesday, January 14, 2009

FO: Vesper Socks

Remember these? I knit the first one way back in August and never got around to knitting the second one till December. As soon as I was done all of the Christmas knitting I picked this one up and had it done in no time. (Sorry for the same old pictures as before...winter does not allow for very good lighting!)


Pattern: Vanilla socks - 9st/inch
2" 2x2 ribbed cuff
6" plain stockinette leg
Slip stitch heel
Yarn: Vesper Sock Yarn in "Falling Water" from Knitterly Things
Needles: US 1.5/2.5mm

The first sock was done on DPN's and I did the second one by Magic Loop. I think Magic Looping socks is my new favorite. It went so fast! And the part I was worried about (picking up the heel stitches) was actually a piece of cake!

I love these socks and I love the way the yarn does such bold stripes. As long as they wear well, I will definitely be using this yarn again. I have a thing for stripes I suppose.



So I hit the Three Bags Full belated boxing day sale on Saturday. This was my first experience at a big sale like this! It was crazy. I stood in line outside of the store in freezing rain for almost two hours, thankfully I made it into the store when I did because the rain turned to snow! Then I was in line inside the store for another two hours. Four hours in line total. Totally not what I expected, but fun all the same. I met some great fellow knitters and got some really good deals.

- Elsebeth Lavold Silky wool at 30% off
- Cascade Eco + wool at 40% off
- DIC Smooshy at 15% off (not that great of a deal, but really yummy yarn!)
- Cascade 220 Heathers at 15% off (also not an extremely good deal, but the color is gorgeous!)

You'll see more about my plans for these yarns in the upcoming posts.

My legs are still tired!

2 comments:

  1. Great sock. Hera didn't believe me that you don't need to change colors with all the cool yarns out there. She just recently knit an I-pod holder. Turned out really well.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stripes are awesome! I can just imagine knee socks made out of that yarn. Have you tried knitting two socks at one time on one circular? If you like magic loop you might like it as well.

    ReplyDelete