Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm A Little Present ...(to the tune of I'm a little teapot)


We had a very busy night last night. I worked until 3:30pm, raced home to pick up the kids from their respective daycares and made it home by 5pm. Then we had just enough time for a quick dinner before I had to help Maeghan get all dressed up for her Christmas Concert. We made it to the school on time, dropped Maeghan off at her classroom, and then Owen and I found some seats in the gym to watch the performance. It was so good. Maeghan was all smiles as she sang the songs and recited the poetry. She did really well. Owen on the other hand was pretty miserable for the most part (partially due to a long day already, and I think he was pretty bored), and since Aidan wasn't able to make the performance because of a final exam, I found it pretty hard juggling the camera and trying to keep Owen entertained. But we made it, and I did manage to catch a few snippets on film so Aidan could watch it later at home.
Christmas shopping is coming along. I feel that I may just be able to be done everything - including some baking- before the big day. I have also manage to squeeze in another completed knitting project (but I can't say what because it just may be a gift to someone who may read this), and started a brand new one. I found the most gorgeous sweater pattern that I'm going to make for myself once the latest project is complete. Here's the link: http://www.kpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3005 I want to make the long sleeve one, and the yarn comes in a gorgeous deep red color which I think I will pick. The only problem is that it is a little pricey, and I'm going to have to save up my allowance before I order the kit to make it.
Today I have cleaned, done laundry, and knitted a bit...I'm debating whether I have enough energy to leave my house and do some more shopping. I don't really want to, I'd rather just veg a little more, but I still have some more running around to do. Only five more working days until vacation...woohoo! I can't wait. I need a break that doesn't involve sick children and goopy eyes!

2 comments:

  1. Busy girl! You sure keep up on your entries on top of everything. I miss you guys too much. I am cleaning like a mad woman today because my mom is coming tomorrow. Yipee!! My kids never did a school Christmas concert, they never have, little weird huh? Americans have to be over the top on everything including being polically correct. I haven't knit a single thing in months! However I have been sewing with the kids. We sewed cards and made a fabric hamburger for Isi with all the layers.
    Hugs and kisses from all of us,
    Love Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where the heck is spell check on this thing? (Hee, hee)

    Char

    ReplyDelete