Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Weather Outside is Frightful.....or not!!!

Well, I spent the bulk of yesterday preparing for more power outages, as another big windstorm was predicted to hit overnight. I got caught up on all of the laundry (which was a huge amount because I've just finished my work week), I finished the Christmas shopping, cranked the heat all day so hopefully the house would retain some of it's warmth when the power went out, I turned up the fridge and the freezer so they would be colder (hopefully it would stay colder longer!), I vacuumed the whole house (no one wants dirty carpet and no power!), and I even arranged for morning coffee at my neighbors because she recently purchased a generator. I had put out the candles, and even had a little flashlight in my pocket so I would be ready. And the power did go out. For all of one minute. Just long enough for the kids to freak, and for me to forget about the flashlight in my pocket and almost fall down the stairs trying to get to them so they wouldn't be scared. Then, just when the panic had ceased, the lights came back on! That was it! So today, there is no laundry to do, no more Christmas shopping, no vacuuming, I have cold food and hot coffee, this is turning out to be a really great day!

I'm on vacation for the next couple of weeks, and I plan to relax, knit (yes I am a dork - which really I shouldn't call myself because I recently found out that a dork is actually a male whales certain "appendage"!), and help my body prepare for hibernation by eating everything in sight. Most of which will be very bad for me, I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. What, no picture? I'd like to see some proof of this clean house!

    ReplyDelete