Friday, August 24, 2007

Melissa's Wedding and a Sock

Finally I have some time to show you some pictures from Melissa's wedding. Here is the "Maid" of Honor (mom says I was actually the "matron" of honor, but seriously, could it make me sound any older?) I look all pretty and graceful in this shot, but I swear, not 30 seconds after this picture was taken I tripped on the aisle runner and am very thankful I was able to recover before I did a face plant. Seriously, flip flops on an aisle runner. You've got to be kidding me!

And of course the beautiful little flower girls. That is Maeghan in the middle, on the left is Adin's niece Bronwyn and on the right is my brother Dave's daughter Brooklyn. They were so precious...Maeghan did a really good job of keeping the other girls heading down the aisle. She is a pro now, this is her 5th time if you include her "honorary" flower girl status at Conor and Holly's wedding....she was only 5 months old then. My mom made all of the flowergirl dresses and the flower thingy's they were holding. She's very talented, that mother of mine!

And here comes the gorgeous bride! Doesn't my dad look hot!!! Melissa was stunning, not surprisingly.
First Kiss!

And of course, no post would be complete without the baby shot! My handsome nephew, Gage. He's totally starting to laugh now! What a cute kid!

Here is gorgeous shot of my sister and the back of her dress.




My parents and Gage:


We had a really great time at Melissa and Adin's wedding...it was pretty hectic, but having all of the family together really meant a lot. It doesn't happen too often!

And on to the sock...

Oh yes, I know this is what you have all been waiting for. My first sock...almost complete. It has been a really slow go because I'm having some wrist problems stemming from work, but I've been plugging away at it, and now am at the toe decreases. I will have to wait a while before I cast on the second sock, my hands got a little cramped up from the small needles on this one and I need to give them a bit of a break. Hopefully I will be able to model it for you over the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. did you notice in the program that I put "maid" of honour instead of "matron"? just for you sugar momma! (oh, and we live in canada...honour has a u in it ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I didn't even know there was a program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the "maid" of honour in the program, too! And yes, Shannon, there was a program...Great pictures of Owen and of the wedding and of little Gage. Can't believe how big Owen is getting. They sure grow up fast! Pretty soon they'll be teenagers!!!!! Yikes!!!!

    ReplyDelete