Saturday, May 3, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

Last weekend I taught Maeghan how to knit. It was really exciting for me, now I have a stitchin' buddy! Woohoo! She picked it up really quickly too, and now we sit together on the couch and knit. She watches me, I watch her...she's getting pretty good, soon I'll have her making her own socks!

The day after I taught her, a parcel arrived in the mail from Granny. Inside was a knitting bag for Maeghan containing yarn, needles, and a pattern book for kids. I don't know how Granny does it, but she just knows what to send us and when. It was perfect timing. The yarn that she sent was pretty special too because it used to belong to Maeghan's Great Granny, whom she was never able to meet.

So now I envision long, lazy afternoons of knitting all summer long, I just have to get Owen to use the needles for something other than weapons, then he can join us too!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so fun!! she looks so sweet knitting there! My mom's hobby was quilting when I was growing up and she taught me how to quilt. These will be good memories for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Picture. You will be using this pic in your first book!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the picture - Maeghan looks so serene!
    Just like her momma...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maeghan is such a doll, give her hugs and kisses from us. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I please put my order in early for a pair of socks for Christmas? Or a scarf? That would be awesome! It's so great that Maeghan wants to learn how to knit. You should get a picture of the two of you knitting. Love you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable little girl, and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is really ADORABLE! If I have a daughter, really want her to knit! Great Picture!

    ReplyDelete