Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer of Firsts

I have been a delinquent blogger, but in my defense, we have been busy! We had a wonderful vacation in the interior with my family. We celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday and retirement over a fantastic long weekend at my sister's house in Prince George. We also went camping for the first time since we've had the kids. It was interesting to say the least. We used to camp all the time when we were childless, but the last time was 10 years ago. I have discovered that I am not a good tent sleeper. Every single noise kept me awake all night. I was terrified. I know, ridiculous, and although I knew I was being irrational, it didn't help. And the Loons! My word, they were eery, and loud, and they "sang" all night long. Hopefully I'll get over it because we will be sleeping in a tent for the next few years at least!

It was a vacation of firsts.

First weiner roast:


First 4-wheeler rides:


First fish!:


First tadpoles!:


And first dinghy ride into the sunset:



We had so much fun. It was worth all of the work that went into packing/unpacking, and the long hours in the van (which we had to rent because we couldn't fit all of our crap in the car!). I look forward to next summer so we can do it all over again!

5 comments:

  1. Great photos, looks like alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon! Great family photos! Looks like an excellent summer holiday.

    How's the knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great time! I love camping and wish somehow we could get out more often, just doesn't want to happen. Big hugs from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic holiday! I was about to ask if you guys got a minivan (gasp! haha).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you guys!!! We had such a blast with you! You forgot "first time rockin' at Rock Band!" lol

    ReplyDelete