Sunday, August 31, 2008

Look Ma!



Originally uploaded by Red Yarn

I'm knitting! This is probably the only picture that has ever been taken of me knitting. I didn't realize I looked so stern!

Owen was pretty funny the other day, or at least I thought so, I don't think he would agree. I was working on my sock and he wanted me to get him something from the cupboard. I told him to hold on for a minute, I was just going to finish my row, he stopped, turned to look at me, stomped his foot, and emphatically told me...

"All you care about is your knitting. You don't care about me anymore!"

I don't think it helped the situation very much that I burst out laughing! I mean, seriously buddy, I cater to your every whim....and then some! But I guess that's pretty typical of kids, they are the center of their worlds, they haven't really learned much about selflessness yet. One day he will see....one day....maybe when he has kids of his own? Hopefully sooner.

PS I love my sock...almost done one of them...pictures of my progress to come!

PSS I blogged this from flickr, just for fun. I'm crazy like that.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're crazy like that!
    Nice picture of you doing what you love - I noticed right away on ravelry.
    Hey...a red sock!
    See you soon at work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's neat that you took your knitting along to the family reunion. I told Auntie Julia that I called you "Julia" and she got a kick out of that. Love your hat, too. I looked all over for one, but couldn't find one. I may just have to borrow yours in January...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta be addicted to something don't ya? Red is a great color for a sock, look forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend took a picture of me knitting when I first learned, about 4 years ago and I was cross eyed and my mouth was open. It was the most hilarious picture... I think I must look stern now too because my husband asks me what's wrong every now and then, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make the same stern expression when I'm knitting. I think we should all post pictures of ourselves knitting on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete