Thursday, October 9, 2008

Brrrrr.....

It is getting rather nippy in these here parts! Yesterday I walked the kids to school and it was cold. Not freezing cold yet, thankfully, but around 8 degrees C which is scarf/hat weather for sure! I decided I needed a hat so right when I got home I cast on for the Felicity hat (Ravelry Link) by Wanette Clyde.



I cast on for this sucker THREE times!!! Apparently I really am a tight knitter, and I must have a rather large head because each time I couldn't even get it past my forehead. I'm limited in needle sizes so I have decided to add an additional 10 stitches to the cast-on. I'll let you know what happens. This of course meant that I walked to school again this morning with a cold head. I will also need to knit myself a new pair of slippers because these new floors are a lot colder than the carpeting was! I've even turned the furnace on. Every year Aidan has a little furnace war with himself, trying to hold on a little longer each year without turning it on. Considering he is in Miami overlooking this


from his hotel room (sorry for the crappy pic...it was taken from his blackberry and then emailed to me, probably to rub it in how warm he is!) I could give a rat's ass about his little war! (hee hee! Love you babe!). Apparently he went to a jazz club the other night that share's a wall with this place


That's right folks, Miami Ink. He said that if they had been open he would have come home with a new tattoo, thankfully they were closed. It's not that I don't like tattoo's, but he already has two, one of them fairly big, I think that is enough. Wow! I really sound old. Anyways, I'd better get going or I won't have a hat for tomorrow. Later!

2 comments:

  1. I have some very nice slippers, maybe if you are really nice the person who made them for me may make some for you too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. brrr? 8 degrees? you're kidding, right? I was wearing a scarf and mitts at 0 degrees and the girls at work were making fun of me. I'm slowly remembering the -27 it got to last year!

    love u honey...when r we going to phoenix for our sisters trip? miami's looking pretty good right now too!

    ReplyDelete