Saturday, October 11, 2008

FO: Felicity

I love my new hat.


After knitting and ripping 4 times, I was finally able to get a good fit.


Pattern: Felicity
Needles: US 7's & 8's/5 & 5.5mm
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in Moss Green

Mods: I cast-on 90 st. and went up a few needle sizes to almost get gauge.
I did the increases starting with K9 M1
I increased till I had 130 st, knit 6 rows, and then started the decreases as written in the pattern. Next time I think I will add a bit more slouch by adding the 6 rows missed at the beginning of the increases in somewhere. Maybe even increasing to 140 st. total.

I couldn't get a cast-on of 70 st. or 80 st. to fit over my noggin'. And I don't think I have a particularly large head either. Anyways, I really like how it turned out. It fits better with a pony in than without, and when I make my next one (which I definately will) I will go down one needle size for the beginning band for a slightly snugger fit so I can wear it without a pony in.

I wore it out to Owen's soccer practice last night and it kept me toasty warm, and did not itch a bit. And I have a particularly sensitive head to itchiness.

Aidan is home now, safe and sound. I'm really glad to have him back.

Tomorrow we are heading over to the Carlson's for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm bringing mashed potatoes. I rarely make potatoes at home, so does anyone have a favorite recipe to share?

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Glad you were able to figure out the sizing. Great colour, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Miami looks beautiful and I would love to go one day. What's your next project? I am working on costumes. Athena is a 'wisdom seeker', and Hera will be a 'honey bee'. Isi will be wearing a bought Mariposa outfit. Had I seen costumes early at the sewing store I would have made her this really cute pink bird costume, maybe next year.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete