Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Melissa!

A few months back I completed a few gifts for my sister's birthday. Her birthday is on Saturday (Happy Birthday MySisa! - when my brother was a baby he couldn't say her name and he called her MySisa, so cute.) and she recieved the package and opened it on the phone with me yesterday. Let me tell you, she was really excited to receive a parcel in the mail. I don't think it even mattered what was in it! Half the fun is in the anticipation and the surprise, right?



These are Maine Morning Mitts found in The Knitter's Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes. Knit with Noro Kureyon on size US 7/4.5 mm needles. They were quick and easy and I love the colors! I tried to make them match, but it didn't quite work out, I do love the color's in them, and while bothered with their non-matchiness at first, I have decided to embrace the color changes as they are (Thanks Julia!). They were quite snug on me, which isn't a bad thing, but if I were to make a pair for myself I think I will go up a needles size to make them slightly bigger. They are very cool. Maeghan is modeling them for me in the picture.


The other thing I made for my little sis was this Hot Water Bottle Cozy, another quick knit which was fun to make. It is knit out of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted on size US 7/4.5 mm needles. Melissa's lives in Prince George which has the longest, coldest winters known to mankind and I thought that she really needed something warm to help her get to sleep at night. I'm being completely serious, she had a glass of water freeze in her living room last winter. Yowsa!

Aidan is flying out to Miami this weekend for a work conferance. He'll be gone a week so it'll just be me and the kids. I booked a week off of work so I could just stay home with them, the daycare doesn't open early enough for me to be able to bring them there and get to work on time so this will be a perfect opportunity to take a bit of a breather. Hopefully catch up on some laundry. Ah, who am I kidding...I sense some completed CPH sleeves in my future! (I'm going to make my CPH with buttons down the front.)

Well that's all I've got for now. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Love the knits, Shan! And I don't mind the "mismatched" colors at all, it's quite unique. Hopefully Melissa's house won't be so cold this winter but if it is, she'll be using the hot water bottle cover, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. You sure manage to get a lot of projects done fast. I am working on a sweater for my Dad for his birthday and so far I had to re-start it three times! Yuck.

    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that mismatching going on! Glad you've embraced the essence of Noro, Shannon! :o)
    Now how about a whole sweater?

    Very pretty projects, lucky sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love my bday gifts from you! And you're right, I really was super excited to receive a parcel in the mail!!! I started opening it when I was driving from the mailbox to our house...I couldn't wait! lol And yes, PG really does have uber long winters...we're very happy that our house will be weather proof this year! But I plan to test out the glass of water in that room again. Love you Shanny-fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Always lovely stuff you make. XO

    ReplyDelete